Sunday, February 7, 2021

February 7

Abby and I went on a quest this afternoon: the Queso Quest.

Okay, so my original plan was to buy Super Bowl snacks for the game-viewing male-folk, but it became the Queso Quest when trips to multiple stores turned up plenty of potato chips, ranch dip, and sour cream and onion dip but zero cheese dip. Seriously, nary a jar. But I knew I had to press on because I could hear Brady's cute kid-voice echoing in my mind, asking me if we had any melty cheese so he could make real nachos.

So we persevered, and in the end, at the very last store I could think of, we came away with what was literally the very last container of plain old queso.

It's such a tiny detail and God would still be good even if we hadn't found it, but it's super sweet that we did. And for that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment