Wednesday, April 14, 2021

April 14

Abby had a Bible study this afternoon, so I drove her to a downtown coffee shop so she could attend. 

I bought a coffee and a sandwich (which, incidentally, came on the most delicious Salt Craft bread) so I wouldn't feel guilty about using a space in the lot and headed back out to my car to wait (and crochet. Brady's blanket this time). 

When I looked down, I noticed that this sticker was affixed to my sandwich bag. I thought the quote was so lovely and so, so true that I took its picture.

Love is indeed splendid, but it's also stern. It's about acceptance, but it's also about correction. When my kids do something wrong, I correct them because I care for them and want what's best for them. When I feel that a friend is veering down a path that's not right for her, I express concern, even in the face of potential censure. 

But maybe that's just me. At any rate, this spoke to me today. And I am grateful for the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment