Friday, April 23, 2021

April 23

On a personal level, it hasn't been a great couple of months for me, but I'm dealing by digging into the Bible and praying more frequently. (And going to baseball-related activities, duh.)

I'd been thinking that I was doing okay, but then I took this quick photo of myself after I had my hair done this morning, looked at it, and thought 'I'm definitely doing okay.'

Lest that should sound vain, I should explain my thinking. For one, my smile looks real. For another, all of that baseball has given my face some nice color and that never hurts. And finally, I'm wearing absolutely no makeup at all here. None. 

Yet the image doesn't make me want to throw up. Nope. Instead, I'm thinking I'll make it my Facebook profile pic for a while because this is me. Real, no makeup, no mask, no pretending me. And today I'm thankful for the visual reminder that being me isn't such a bad thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment