Wednesday, April 7, 2021

April 7

I was putzing around the backyard earlier today when I noticed something interesting.

I was surveying the remnants of last year's container garden (which I still need to clean up) when I noticed that one of my pepper plants seems to be producing fresh new leaves. That's them over there on the left.

I leaned in for a closer look-see, and sure enough, one of the plants that I figured was dead is producing a cluster of tender, green leaves.

Given that we just celebrated Easter --when Christ rose from the grave to give us new life-- it was a striking sight. 

I assumed the plant was dead and that it would produce no more fruit, but apparently I was wrong. So the point of the story? Expect miracles. Expect good things to arise from hopeless situations. Expect redemption. Because anything can happen when God is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment