Thursday, April 15, 2021

April 15

I was extra tired when I woke up this morning. Between my neck still hurting (I pulled something in there when I was at Isaac's game a few days ago) and other issues, I just didn't rest well. But I got up anyway for the first of my three Thursday morning school drop-off times.

As Abby disappeared through the high school gate, I paused to pull out my phone and ordered my coffee from the Mother Ship. 

When I went inside to pick it up a few minutes later, I spied a sea of cups on the counter. When I got closer, I noticed that each cup had a heart sticker affixed to its top: some green, some yellow, some red, some blue. When I gave the barista my name, he glanced over the names before passing this cup under the plexiglass.

And I smiled immediately. I could've gotten a blue heart or a red heart or a yellow heart, but I didn't. Nope, I got a purple glitter heart. And given that I love purple and glitter, it felt like a much-needed morning hug coupled with an "I see you, child. I see you in all of your purple and glitter glory." 

Given that I so often feel like I'm invisible, the validation that I am indeed seen meant everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment