Tuesday, April 20, 2021

April 20

You know how sometimes life just feels unnecessarily heavy and hard and out of your control and you find yourself hoping for a really good day to help even out the scales of justice somehow? Today was kinda-sorta one of those days for me. The kids were all in decent moods all day long (which is no small miracle in the age of COVID-induced weirdness), I felt a sense of internal settledness that's eluded me for quite some time, and then tonight, Brady's team played a fabulous (fabulous) game.

I have no idea what got into them, but the AAA A's had it going on all levels, with solid pitching, patience at the plate, and on-point defense. Brady definitely played a part in the 14-3 win by turning in a succession of AAA Gold Glove caliber defensive moves at second, including a last-second glove-flip pass to the first baseman to record an out. (He told me later that he flipped the ball out of his glove because he didn't think he'd be able to pull it out of the webbing in time to catch the runner. Well okay then.)

Anyway, it all just felt good. So today, I am thankful for days that feel like much-needed breaths of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment