Friday, April 2, 2021

April 2

It was a lovely, lovely day outside, with sunshine and temps in (or at least near) the 70s. 

Since it was the first day of Spring Break and Isaac has an out of town game tomorrow, Abby and I got ahead of the curve and took our customary shopping excursion, with stops at Walmart, Target, JoAnn, Michaels, and the new Grocery Outlet that opened just around the corner yesterday.

Then this evening, I ferried both boys to their respective practices (at different parks. Of course). As I followed Isaac over to the field so I could sign a waiver for tomorrow, I watched as he jogged ahead to join a teammate. (He's the speck on the left underneath the tree.) And then I watched as the boys congregated together ahead of the coach's arrival and how they chit-chatted amongst themselves. And I chuckled to myself when the pitcher off whom Isaac hit a sizzling liner up the middle during the game a few days ago --he was there because he's serving as a replacement player tomorrow-- arrived, took one look at Isaac, and jovially remarked "hey, you almost killed me the other day!" 

I guess there are many more snippets of today that I could share --like how, during our trip, Abby and I did weird dances in the parking lot outside of JoAnn-- but I'll just sum it all up by saying "and it was good." Because although it wasn't a perfect day, it was indubitably filled with good moments. So I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment