Friday, September 10, 2021

September 10

It rained for about two minutes this morning, which is two minutes more than it's rained here since, oh, probably January. Maybe February.

I was coming down the stairs when I noticed that the pool water didn't have its usual smooth appearance. I stepped closer to the dining room window to try to solve the mystery and was surprised to see that the deck was moist (I used that word just for you, Abby) and that there were actual raindrops falling from the sky.

I watched as my decidedly gleeful sons scooted out the door and up to the upper deck and then back down again. 

Anyway, the wee shower didn't last long, but I'm glad to have seen it and I'm thankful for the small amount of moisture it provided to our very, very dry land. And I'm grateful for the clearer sky we were blessed with as the day progressed. It's amazing to realize how much a minimal amount of rainfall can refresh the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment