Thursday, September 2, 2021

September 2

I drive a hybrid that hasn't wanted to charge for a few months now. It usually starts charging, but then stops shortly thereafter. Needless to say, it's been a niggling source of frustration for me, and I'd tried several times to use the one free charging station in town to rule out a problem with the car itself, but it was always in use. (Duh me. Free, after all. Sure, I could've used a pay-for-use station, but since I wasn't sure the car would take the charge, I didn't want to do that. Frugality runs deep in my bones.)

But since I'm virtually never one to give up, I tried again this morning after drop-off. When I first drove by, there was a Tesla in the stall, so I sighed, joined the nearby Mother Ship drive-thru, and got my java. (Okay. And a slice of lemon loaf cake because that stuff is go-oo-ood.) And I thought about how I was going to go home and take a nap.

But the nap didn't happen, because I looked over as I was driving toward the exit and spied a man unplugging the aforementioned Tesla. Pleased by the development, I waited until he'd left and then awkwardly finagled my way into the designated charging spot and plugged her in.

Long tale a wee bit shorter, I took my allowed two hours of time and the battery successfully charged to 90%. I drove away feeling victorious both because I determined that the problem is not with the car, and because my persistence finally paid off. 

It's easy to throw in the proverbial towel when facing a tough or frustrating situation, but I think it's better to have faith, keep trying, and wait for the miracle to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment