Friday, September 24, 2021

September 24

The annual cross-town rival football game is tonight at Abby's school. My daughter, naturally, has zero interest in said event, but she did go to dinner with some friends downtown beforehand. And then she texted to ask if I could pick her up when they were done.

As I piloted Adam's truck across town, it occurred to me that these days of her asking me to come pick her up are numbered. In some ways, that's a good thing because we want her to be more independent. She's a senior, after all, and next year she'll be in college... somewhere. And largely on her own.

But it was a bittersweet thought nonetheless, because it once again brought into focus the keen awareness that she's growing up really quickly. So just for kicks, here she is wearing a class of '22 shirt, being goofy as she approached the car. Because I always want to look back and remember these days as the blessings that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment