Saturday, November 13, 2021

November 13

After more than a year of not getting together (much) with friends and family, I'm beyond ready to finally host gatherings at our house. So I was happy to welcome Adam's parents and his brother's family to celebrate Abby's birthday this afternoon.

We had burgers and hot dogs (and chicken nuggets, if you were our niece Melody) and ice cream cake from Coldstone and presents.

The boys enjoyed playing ball and running around with their five and six-year old cousins and the grown-ups enjoyed chit-chat under sunny, blue skies.

It was a good day indeed, so I am thankful for those sweet, sweet hours. (And P.S. -- Lambie was resting on our bed when this image was taken. At first I was upset by my gaffe, but after giving it more thought, I realized that Logan was there, even if Lambie wasn't, because he's in Abby and Isaac and Brady and in every face in this picture, because he's part of our family and his legacy lives on in every single one of us in one way or another.)

No comments:

Post a Comment