Sunday, November 21, 2021

November 21

We had a lovely, lazy Sunday at the cabin. There was crocheting and TV for me, Niners football and a nap for Adam, outside time and video games for the Brositos, and college app supplementals for Abby. (And yes, she was thrilled.)

Then this evening, we headed out for dinner at the Snowshoe Brewery. We enjoyed a leisurely meal together, and as I sat there sipping my (very yummy) apricot wheat beer and listening to the chitter-chatter of my kiddos, I felt a sense of great satisfaction.

In the book of Ecclesiastes, Solomon talks about how we toil on this earth, but that God intends for us to find joy in the simple acts of eats and drinking and enjoying ourselves with family and friends. So today, I am thankful for that simple blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment