Thursday, November 25, 2021

November 25

Eric and Emily very graciously offered to host Thanksgiving this year, so with a load of freshly baked bread in-hand, we loaded into the car at about 1:30 to head up to Walnut Creek to join their family plus Adam's parents for the big meal.

And since I'm me, I came prepared with my iPhone tripod and we took a group picture just before we sat down to the turkey and stuffing and beans and potatoes. (Lots and lots of mashed potatoes. An epic, overflowing potful of potatoes.) 

There are, of course, nicely posed versions where we're all (or at least mostly all) sitting up straight and smiling, but this is the silly one. And it's probably my favorite because it shows that we're not afraid to BE goofy around each other. There's a realness here that I don't see in carefully posed captures. I love those too, of course, but the goofy ones... those feel special.

Anyway, today I am thankful for these people who I get to call family and for the ones who aren't pictured but still hold a special place in my heart. And I'm thankful for all of the friends who have walked with me through this life, even though no blood bound us together. Christ called us to be in relationship with one another; to love one another deeply. And I am grateful to be surrounded by people to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment