Friday, November 26, 2021

November 26

It was a heart-filling kind of day.

Abby and I did our traditional Black Friday shopping. We're not of the Up Before The Sun ilk, but we did shop from 8:30 til 2, hitting up Starbucks, Mickey D's (for that sausage egg McMuffin Abby so adores), Walmart, Old Navy, Ulta, JoAnn, Target, Hobby Lobby, JCPenney, and the Lego Store before finishing up with late lunch at The Cheesesteak Shop.

Then a little later, we took our annual trek to the Christmas tree lot. And fortunately for me, the kiddos were totally into my desire for photos and outdid themselves with goofy poses in a variety of locales around the lot. (See "Isaac as Sibling Packhorse" to the left.)

And now, with the light of the newly-positioned Christmas tree to my side, a cheesy Hallmark movie on TV, and Abby, Isaac, and Brady seated around the dining room table busily putting together the Visit From Santa Lego set I bought earlier today, my heart feels full. I am blessed and I am most definitely thankful for God's amazing bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment