Tuesday, November 30, 2021

November 30

When I saw Brady after school earlier today, he was walking with his buddy Andrew. They were engaged in some sort of animated conversation so I let them pass me and then followed them toward the car.

When he first transferred to this school as a fourth grader, I was worried about his friend situation. He's friendly enough, but I know from experience that some (well, many) children aren't especially welcoming of new faces. 

So as I watched the two of them walking together and talking about school and the upcoming baseball season (because they were on the same team this past spring), a sense of great gratitude came over me. I am thankful for their friendship, and for the other friendships he's forged as his new school. Connection is a true blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment