Monday, November 15, 2021

November 15

My grandma turned 99 years old today. I FaceTimed my mom during her little family party so we could say happy birthday in person. 

So here we are!

My grandma has been an integral part of my life, practically since I was born. I was her fourth grandchild and first granddaughter. I lived with her and my grandpa for a short time while I was very young, and I have fond memories of her racing down the hall and into my room every time a fire engine passed the house at night. And of standing in the kitchen on her white stool (which she still owns!) and "accidentally" dropping the spoon into her skim milk as I mixed it. And of walking with her around and around the circular driveway and of lima beans in butter at the dinner table. And, more recently, of Christmases at her house with my own family. So many sweet memories.

So for her and for her life and for her faith --which has, at times, most definitely informed and encouraged my own-- I am thankful.

Happy birthday, Grandma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment