Friday, November 19, 2021

November 19

My mind is all over the place this evening! Effects of a busy week, I suppose. So in lieu of this entry having much of a focus, I'll call it a General Friday Thankfulness Post.

First off, it's Friday. Who doesn't love that? And even better, the kids are off school next week so that means lots of days of not getting up early. That's a big woohoo for Night Owlish me.

Secondly, Brady didn't have school today either (No School November in full effect here!) so when I left to get coffee this morning, he sweetly asked if he could have "one of those things on a stick that Starbucks has." A cake pop. So of course, I got him one. And he thanked me profusely. (As did Isaac when he came downstairs and got his, because of course I got him one, too.)

Thirdly, I took Isaac to a pediatric sports PT in San Ramon to have his shoulder evaluated before I took him to school. (Because middle and high schoolers had school today... no conference week for them.) The PT didn't see any big red flags, so that's good news. While we sat there waiting, Isaac watched me as I worked on a blanket, and remarked that it looked difficult. When I said it wasn't really, he replied that I'd gotten very good at crocheting. It was very sweet and my heart warmed over the compliment. 

Then early this evening, Abby came home from hanging out with her friend Austin and was in a really good mood. Cheerful. Chatty. It was nice. 

And finally, today marked exactly 24 years since Adam and I went for a late-night walk in Claremont and decided to start dating. Officially.

So yes, there were many blessings weaved throughout the hours that comprised today. My heart feels full and I am grateful for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment