Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 19

I have to say it: our weekends may be crazy for the next few months, but I am so happy that baseball season is almost here.

Isaac and the Cal Rays (formerly known as the Spartans; same team, different name) headed down to Fremont this afternoon for their first scrimmage of 2022. I was a bit nervous, since the last time I saw him really swing a bat, he dislocated his shoulder and I had a panic attack, but all was good today. Over three trips to the plate, he collected two walks and a solid single. (And he only actually swung the bat one time.) And got plenty dirty as he trolled the bases and messed with the pitcher's head (as he likes to do).

The Rays came away with an 8-4 win and will play again tomorrow. So today, I am once again thankful for baseball, blue skies, and my boy's enduring love of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment