Thursday, May 12, 2022

May 12

I wasn't entirely sure how Brady would fare at Vintage Hills when he transferred there after we moved. He'd been at his other school since kindergarten, after all, and it can be hard to connect when you're the New Kid.

But as he finishes out his fifth grade year --and his elementary school career-- I'm relieved to say that my concerns were, by and large, unfounded. 

And that's at least in part due to the efforts of his teacher, Mrs. Creighton. He's had a good, fun, entertaining year in her class; they've engaged in a wide variety of activities and I feel like he's grown quite a lot as a human being. I can often tell how effective a teacher is based on how excited my kids are to go to school, and Brady has always looked forward to seeing what would be on a given day's schedule.

So for her and for all of the wonderful teachers my kiddos have had over the years --and particularly the elementary school years, since this one's the caboose in a long line of them--I am so thankful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment