Tuesday, May 24, 2022

May 24

I bought whole milk at the grocery store yesterday. We're typically two percent drinkers so it was a departure from the norm, and 24 hours post-purchase, I can now state with certainty that my children do not like whole milk.

Abby announced that it tasted "thick" but was okay in cereal. Isaac said it had a "weird" flavor and texture. And Brady? Well, the look says it all. After pouring himself a tall glass at dinnertime tonight and adding his customary Carnation chocolate powder, he took half a sip and decried its foul flavor. And its terrible smell. I watched him as he stared at the glass, well-aware that I was waiting for him to drink it. I don't remember his precise words, but he implied that I was trying to kill him. It was, in short, a test of wills. And eventually, I decided it wasn't worth it and left. So I'm guessing he never did drink it.

Odd that it may be, I'm thankful that Brady is so stubborn. Hopefully, it means he'll stick to his principles and not be easily swayed in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment