Wednesday, May 25, 2022

May 25

I was multitasking in the family room when Abby got home from dance tonight.

We've had (many) conversations in the past about her tendency to plunk down in front of me and chatter when I'm watching TV, so I was surprised when she walked into the room and sat on the couch across from me without uttering a word. Then when a commercial break began, she jumped up and performed her recital routine for us. The silence was unusual, but the performance took me back to the days when all she wanted was to be a hula girl at VBS. And the memory was so, so sweet.

Lots of things will change in the months to come, but one thing that will always remain constant is my affection for this girl of ours. She's pretty special, and I am thankful to be her mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment