Thursday, May 19, 2022

May 19

I moved through my morning motions feeling like the day had special significance but I couldn't figure out why. I thought about it on and off as I wished friends Happy Birthday on Facebook, chatted with coffee pals at the Mother Ship, and headed back home. And then, eventually, it hit me: 24 1/2 years ago today, 19-year old Adam and 19-year old me officially started dating. (We'll hit 20 years of marriage later on this year, for the record.)

So I hustled into the office and, after explaining my motivations, snapped a quick selfie between his business calls.

It's so strange to think that we've been a Thing for nearly a quarter of a century. I guess, when I really think about all that's happened over the years, the duration that's passed makes sense, but still... it seems like a long time. 

Although the time that's gone by feels much like a blur at times, I am certain of one thing: I am blessed. He's not perfect, of course, because none of us are, but he's a fantastic dad and provider and friend. And best of all, he's an amazing example of how to be Christ to others.

So for him and for us and for the 24 1/2 years that have gone by --including the moments we've endured that I'd rather forget that tested my faith and pushed me to places I never could've imagined myself going-- I am so thankful. Because those years transformed me into me and us into us and although I'm always working to do better, I think those are pretty good things indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment