Thursday, May 5, 2022

May 5

My kids were weird again this evening.

I was sitting at Brady's baseball game chit-chatting with some fellow moms when the final out was recorded. We continued talking as the boys engaged in their post-game powwow. At some point Adam left to pick up dinner and Isaac gathered up our stadium seats and my bag and sat down next to me. And then the players emerged... and we kept talking.

The boys milled for a short time, and then Isaac and Brady started coming after me with bits of plant life they'd plucked from the ground. To simplify it all, they chased me with pollen. It may seem like an unconventional means of persuading someone to do something, but it worked. 

Annoying though it was, I'm amused by and grateful for their ability to think and problem-solve creatively. Although I don't always think of their quick thinking as a blessing, it undoubtedly is nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment