Tuesday, May 3, 2022

May 3

Adam had a dentist appointment this afternoon, so I took him there and then picked him up after I'd retrieved the boys from their respective schools (since Abby uses his car these days). 

When we got home, she was standing by the front walk, smiling like a goon. Then she ran upstairs ahead of me and into the house, where she continued smiling like a goon. All because, as I learned, she'd beaten me home.

Then she did a funky little dance, and since Brady never wants to miss out on funky dances, he joined in. So they stood there as I came up the steps from the garage, swaying their hips and staring at me. It was weird. Wonderfully weird.

This life is all too stressful sometimes. I've had more troubles than I care to count. So these moments of complete and utter strangeness that my kids generate for me are priceless. And I am thankful for them. (And for them. Even when they're wearing their gooniest grins.)

(Oh, and P.S. -- six short months from today, this girl of mine will be an adult. Happy 17 1/2, Abby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment