Monday, June 13, 2022

June 13

We got up this morning, packed up the car, and road-tripped it to Southern California. Why? Because it's Disneyland week!

The uneventful trip featured two drivers taking turns behind the wheel (and one of them was not me!), a not-so-quick lunch stop at Wendy's, and a spirited singalong set to the sounds of "Let It Go."

We arrived at the Disneyland Hotel --which isn't our usual spot since man alive, is it cha-ching! but we figured hey, everyone's moving up a school this fall so why not?-- at 4:15ish and checked into our room in the Adventure Tower. The kiddos and Adam hit the pools, while I had some quiet time to myself.

And then it was off to Downtown Disney for dinner at a Mexican place and some light window-shopping amid a throng of fellow vacationers.

We'll be up bright and early in the morning for a visit to Mickey Mouse's house which will no doubt create memories I'll treasure down the line. But for now, I'm so grateful to God for a safe trip down I-5 (and through the web of LA freeway insanity) and a peaceful evening with my peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment