Sunday, June 5, 2022

June 5

Lots of kids like macaroni and cheese. According to most parents I know, most kids go for the Kraft variety from the box, but not mine; mine prefer homemade. And once they get it into their little heads that they want some, the requests become relentless. In fact, Brady told me a few days ago that he wanted a vat of it. So that's what I made tonight: a vat of mac and cheese.

In reality, the "vat" consisted of two boxes of pasta, four cups of milk, half a cup of butter, eight tablespoons of flour, and six cups of cheddar cheese. (Which, for the record, is a LOT of mac and cheese.)

And they gobbled it up like they hadn't eaten in days (which is totally not the case because they have, in fact, consumed two full loaves of bread in the last 24 hours. But that's neither here nor there).

Anyway, on to my point. Kids (at least my kids) can be picky eaters, so it's always a blessing when they enthusiastically consume what I serve them. So for that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment