Saturday, June 4, 2022

June 4

What. A. Week.

I began the week with a high school senior, an eighth grader, and a fifth grader, and I'm finishing it with a college freshman, a high school freshman, and a newly minted middle schooler. When classes begin again in two months, Abby will be in Chicagoland, Isaac will start at Abby's now-alma mater, and Brady will begin at a school we've never attended. It's overwhelming. It's tiring.

But it's also wonderful. I've spent much of today being exhausted (because exhaustion is a natural byproduct of seeing your beautiful daughter graduate from high school and then picking her up from the post-party at 3AM, as I've come to realize). But I've also taken a few moments to look back at these three amazing people's lives to date, and I am so grateful for all I've seen.

So in honor of these creative, joyful, introspective, intelligent, inquisitive, thoughtful people I call three of my four children, I'm sharing first and last day door photos: the top is Abby's first day of preschool and her high school graduation day; the middle is Isaac's first day of preschool and his last day of middle school; and the bottom is Brady's first day of preschool and his last day of elementary school.

I am thankful for these years that have passed and thankful to be their mom. And I can't wait to see what else God has in store for them as they begin their next educational adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment