Wednesday, December 13, 2023

December 13

It continues to be a busy week at our house. But I'll punch through the general busy-ness to focus on two things from today.

This morning, I enjoyed my last Starbucks date with Brady as a 12-year old. (He turns 13 tomorrow. The insanity of that phrase is thick.) I hadn't given it much thought, but it did dawn on me rather suddenly this afternoon that I'm down to my final hours of having not just Brady but any child in the 12-and-under age range. After 19-plus years of having a kid in that group, I'll wake up in the morning with nothing but teenagers. I'm so grateful that they're all continuing to grow, but it feels like new territory to me and I've yet to tease out exactly how I feel about it. I have no doubt that it's good, but it's also weird.

The second "thing" from today was Isaac's continued industriousness in the kitchen. He was in a good mood when he got home from school and in short order announced that he wanted to make bread. Never mind that he'd never dealt with yeast before (and had absolutely zero experience with making dough). I shrugged and gave my approval, and he searched up a recipe online and proceeded to bake two loaves of bread. (And he cleaned up the mess.) And the piece that I tasted when they were fresh from the oven was good! I feel so blessed that he has interests like cooking and baking because I know they'll serve him (and others) well in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment