Monday, December 4, 2023

December 4

My favorite older brother turned 50 today. The big 5-0. He's officially a half-centenarian.

Bobby and his family live back in Maryland so I didn't actually see him for his milestone birthday, but we exchanged messages and I scoured my image files for some good throwbacks to share. So here they are!

He and I are a little more than four years apart in age. However, we were five years apart in school, so we were never really in the same school at the same time. We also had different interests, different musical taste, and different friends, so we didn't spend much time hanging out, save a single double date to Fuddruckers with our then-significant others when I was a senior in high school. 

As we've gotten older, though, the differences diminished and the commonalities surfaced, and I've realized that despite what I'd always thought, we're actually quite a lot alike. We still don't talk a lot, but I know that if I needed something, I could call on him. And I'm grateful for that. And I'm grateful for 50 years of my big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment