Saturday, December 2, 2023

December 2

Isaac announced this afternoon that he was going to clean out the little pond in the backyard, so despite the overcast sky and chilly temp, he donned shorts and a t-shirt and got to work.

I could see him from my seat in the family room, so I watched as he waded into the water and then scooped handful after handful of muckity-muck into the green waste bin. He used both his bare hands and an old pool net to remove the funk, scrubbed down the rocks, and then re-filled the empty space with fresh water. Although Adam and Brady joined him during the latter part of the process, it was entirely his idea, and he put a lot of time and muscle into the task. (Also he looks like such a man in this image that it makes my mama heart say 'what?! Where is my Buzz Lightyear-loving chunker?' Times flies.)

I don't know what prompted him to do it because he'd never tackled the task before and he certainly didn't have to, but it was such a blessing that he did. Isaac has a servant's heart, and I am thankful for him every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment