Friday, December 1, 2023

December 1

I was scrolling through my phone contacts yesterday while I waited for the bell to ring at Brady's school when I came across my old friend Jamie's name. I hadn't talked to her in a number of years, and the last time we did connect, it wasn't an awesome interaction. Not bad, per se, but uncomfortable because both of us were in what I'd call weird places in our lives.

But since we were good friends back when our youngest boys were in preschool together, I figured I'd drop her a quick text to say hi and wish her well. And I left it at that.

Then today, about 24 hours after I sent that text, I got a reply. Instead of responding to the text, I decided to call her right then and there. And I'm so glad I did because it was so, so good to hear her voice and to find out how God has moved in her life since we last talked. (In a nutshell, mightily!)

So today I am thankful for the blessing of  reconnection with old friends. And for the truth that God can breathe new life into long-dormant --and sometimes even dead-- relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment