Friday, December 22, 2023

December 22

For as long as I can recall, we've taken the kids to Mountain Mike's for lunch on the last day of the semester. And today was the day.

We had to divide and conquer since the boys get out at essentially the same time on minimum (also known as half) days, but after battling the usual atrocious post-school traffic, we finally met up for said pizza.

We rarely have lunch together during weekdays, so it was nice to sit at the table munching and chatting. It's strange to think that the school year is half over, but here we are: Isaac is halfway through his sophomore year, Abby is halfway through her college sophomore year, and Brady is (gulp) halfway through middle school. (When I pointed that out to him in the car earlier, he remarked that he wasn't thrilled that high school is on the horizon. I assured him he'd be ready when the time comes. And he will. But I digress.)

I'm proud of all of them for their academic and personal efforts and successes. They're intelligent, good people, and I am blessed to be their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment