Sunday, March 10, 2024

March 10

Today is Adam's birthday, so now he's 46 just like his sugar mama. (That would be me. I'm the sugar mama.)

Since Abby's flight back to Chicago was this morning and Brady had a game in the South Bay early this afternoon, we flipped the usual script and celebrated with cake --angel food with lemon glaze, made by our girl-- early in the day. (But have no fear: the presents came after dinner and before we played a round of a Monopoly card game.)

A little while ago, as we settled in for a little evening TV, I asked if he'd had a good day, and he replied that it'd been fine; a good family kind of day. And I was glad to hear it, because he should have good birthdays. He's a good husband and a good father and a good man. Great, really. Far better than I ever thought I deserved or would ever have. He's intelligent and hard-working and caring and kind. And he always strives to be the best person he can be, which inspires me to try harder, too.

So today, I'm thankful for 46 years of my hunny, and I'm grateful that God paired us up all those years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment