Friday, March 15, 2024

March 15

Another day, another game, this time for JV in San Ramon.

Isaac didn't start the game, but he did come in to play left field in the 6th. And he made an impression with a couple of great defensive plays, including a running, sliding catch that ended with him on the ground but the ball in his glove. (He asked if I thought it was a Varsity-worthy play. I haven't seen much Varsity ball just yet, but I said yes because I can't imagine it wasn't. He seemed pleased by that.)

He also doubled down the left field line (his first extra-base hit of the season) and scored his first run of the season. (And in the interest of full disclosure, he struck out looking in his first at-bat. But we won't focus on that.)

In the end, the Dons won 14-2. Isaac was chipper and chatty on the way home, which made my heart happy because he's often very hard on himself. So for the sweetness of a big win and the extra super sweetness of a child who's pleased with his performance, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment