Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11

I can't lie: I was hoping for a cosmic, can't-deny-it wink today. Although that didn't really happen, there were little things sprinkled in between the minutes and hours. The way that a Cars jacket and ballcap made Isaac look just like Logan from across a field, the Box of Sunshine from some good friends, the pictures and well-wishes left on my Facebook wall in observance of Logan's Fun Day. And I'm deeply grateful for those glimpses of God.

But the one that I'm sharing comes from the end of the day. We decided to have dinner at one of Logan's very favorite places: the Costco food court. When the pizza was finished and the cart snagged, we wandered by the electronics section. And playing on a series of big screen TVs was Cars 2.

It's just a movie. But it's also the very last movie Logan ever saw in a theater.

And beyond that, he loved it. He quoted it, and Finn McMissile --who Logan called Sin McMickel, since his hearing betrayed him during his last months-- was easily his favorite 'movie star'. We stood there and watched, bemused, for a minute. And then we moved on. But Finn will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment