Saturday, February 23, 2013

February 23

With the exception of a (totally brutal and wretched) case of heartburn, today was a really good one. There were many moments of happiness that bordered on joy. I haven't had many really happy days in quite a long while. But the best part of all? It was just a normal day. So in celebration, today's picture is purely whimsical.

Yep, those are my feet. And double yep, I did indeed go out into public wearing glittery gold shoes, mis-matched rainbow socks and black spandex pants. (And a pink shirt, in case you were wondering.) I totally felt like I belonged on the People of Walmart site, but you know something? It didn't bug me a bit. In my silliness, I felt like I was really alive.

And that sense of shameless freedom, my friends, is a God-given blessing... if we're fearless enough to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment