Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7

I got some really great news a week and a half ago. But I wasn't allowed to share it with anyone, so I kept it locked away in my little head until this afternoon, when I was officially allowed to spill the beans.

I dabble in freelance writing. A few days after Logan took his journey to Heaven, I decided to write a tribute to him, and it was published on the Yahoo Contributor Network platform. I wanted to get his story out. I wanted people to know him; to understand how he lived. How we all should try to cope with adversity in life. After all, I don't get to see him as a 6-year old. And I won't see him ride a bike or graduate from high school or get married or become a dad, either. So as his mom, it's vital to me that others know him in whatever way possible.

Anyway, the tribute won a YCN Content of the Year Award. It comes with a nice monetary prize, but I'm really pleased because it means more people will be introduced to my Sunshine. And that is a huge blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment