Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1

Today was a beautiful, blessing-ful day. We all got up before the sun to head to the airport. Adam, Abby and Isaac saw Brady and I off at security. I was worried about traveling alone with the muffin man, especially since he has a double ear infection --ouch!-- but much to my delight, he was the perfect traveler. No meltdowns, no tantrums, no fussing, no complaining. He was charming and sweet and cute and fun to be around, even when I dragged him through the airport in Chicago to make our tight connection, and even when our bags took forever to show up at BWI, and even when we had to stand in line for our rental car for 40 minutes. Amazing.

And then I got to have this gratifying moment, too: my littlest man standing in front of my mom's house, where I lived from age 11 through high school.

It's a blessing to be able to take him to places that were important to me when I was a kid. As someone who lives so far from her roots, it gives me a chance to mix my past with my present, and create a cohesive whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment