Friday, June 28, 2013

June 28

I was dismayed this morning when I came downstairs and discovered that Brady had taken it upon himself to open a few of Logan's cars. It may seem silly, but I still buy die-cast cars for him, and usually they stay packaged, not because I think he'll ever open them, but because, well, it makes me feel better. Like I'm still doing things for him. Anyway, I was annoyed.

But as I watched him line up the newly freed Corvettes, I felt my heart change.

And it tickled me to once again realize how much Brady and his biggest brother have in common. Their shared love of cars is steely-strong. And I just know that Logan would've loved to watch his littlest brother making parking lots and coursing them over the couch cushions. And for all of those things, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment