Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16

I'm pretty sure that Adam feels the same way about Fathers Day as I do about Mothers Day: he probably wishes we could just skip it, because we can't be with all of the little people who made us parents. Because it's such a salient, stark reminder of the magnitude of our loss. But the days come anyway, and we have to endure them. And enjoy them, at least to the best of our limited abilities.

This afternoon, following lunch with Adam's parents, we piled into the minivan and headed over to Walmart to pick up some new plants for Logan's grave. While we were there, I meandered down the toy aisles, hoping to find a new Corvette to present to my hunny 'from' Logan. After a few fruitless minutes, I stepped back to leave. But something to told me to be patient and move to the left-hand side of the bin. So I did, even though it felt like a pointless maneuver. But it wasn't pointless, because I found this:

A new Hot Wheels Corvette. The car that I hoped --but really didn't believe-- I'd find. I was happy to be able to give it to Adam. I was happy to 'hear' from my sunshine. And most of all, I was happy to get a reminder that little happy surprises are everywhere -- if we have the faith to look for them.

1 comment:

  1. How amazing! All those little things that mean so much when you really need them. I'm glad Logan guided you to this gift for his dad. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete