Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9

While Adam, Brady and I were tending the flowers on Logan's grave today, Abby and Isaac excitedly called out to me. As I headed over to them to see what was up, they shared that they'd found a flower and wanted me to see it.

If you look really hard, you can see a bright orange poppy amid the dried, sun-scorched vegetation.

I took its picture in that moment, convinced that it was my wink for the day, though I had no idea why. And then a few minutes ago, it hit me: how awesome is it that two little kids spied that pretty little bloom? They managed to see it despite the prevalent unattractive brown remnants of life. The experience reminds me that it's good to view things like a child would see them, if only because we'd probably be more likely to identify the hidden jewels --in this case, the flowers-- endemic to everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment