Saturday, September 14, 2013

September 14

Today, we celebrated love as Adam's family got together for his cousin Amanda's bridal shower. It was a beautiful afternoon --cool but not too cool, sunny skies-- and the kiddos had fun playing bocce for the first time and noshing on some yummy vittles.

Since I was behind the camera all afternoon, this is the sole picture (that I have) that includes my mug.

Despite my customary disdain for pictures that include me, I like it a lot. It's one of those selfie deals. I like that I look kind of like a brunette Daphne from Scooby Doo; the notion makes me giggle. I like that I look happy. I like that my necklaces are so strikingly visible. And I like that my mini muffin is there with me (even if he was trying to karate chop my phone).

All of those things serve as very good signs that God is indeed at work among us, giving us things to smile about and people to smile with us.

1 comment: