Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19

After I took Brady to preschool this morning, I went to water Logan's flowers.

Though I hadn't seen him in about a year, this guy was there, toting his bucket of water, dutifully stopping to sprinkle every live plant he came across.

I've talked with him a few times. I don't know his name, but I know that his wife and mother are both buried down the hill from Logan. I know he's about 90 years old and he loves to chit chat. I know that he visits the cemetery almost every day at about the same hour so he can water the plants; it gives him both something to do with his time, and a chance to transform the otherwise under-maintained land into something more presentable.

I admire his steadfast dedication to his self-appointed task, and I love --and relate to-- how he continues to take care of his family, even though they're no longer with him physically.

And the picture? I love the rays of sunshine in the corner. I didn't notice them until I looked at the image several hours later, but they're a sweet little sunshiny wink to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment