Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 5

It's felt like The Brady Show in here lately!

Isaac had his first dance class of the season today (and as an aside, he did really well!). The teacher decided that to keep the little girls focused, the moms and other looky-loos had to go elsewhere during the session. Since the front room was full, Brady and I sat in an adjacent hallway.

He chittered and chattered while I sat against a wall, listening to the familiar Disney music that plays during the ballet portion of the class. The sense of nostalgia was powerful, and had I been alone, it would've been easy to get lost in it. But I had Brady with me. And just moments before I snapped this photo, he looked at me with his impish grin and made a simple yet pretty darn profound statement:

You're lucky.

I was perplexed. I had no idea what he was talking about. And I also don't believe in luck; that's what I tell people -- I believe in God, not in luck.

But still, there was a grain of truth in his words. I am fortunate. And I'm thankful for the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment