Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2

Y'all probably think all we ever do is go for walks! That's not the case, though I admit that I do tend to be more open to feeling God's presence when I'm outside.

Anyway, it sprinkled all throughout our walk this evening; just occasional, gentle, pit-a-patty droplets. In fact, there were so few drops that sometimes, in order to see the rain, I had to be facing the sun. And I took this picture during one of those times:

The sky ahead was incredibly bright, and had the kind of overwhelming luminosity that I equate only with my imaginings of the light in Heaven. It was intense, yet somehow, I couldn't make myself look away for long.

When I turned around a moment later, I saw a rainbow. But somehow, this image --of my family walking in that beautiful light-- is the one that moves me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment