Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 21

This morning, I asked Adam to download a few images from a memory card I had in my computer bag. The photos were there, of course, but we also found an unexpected and definitely surprising treasure: previously undownloaded home movies from Christmas 2010.

Brady was about 10 days old. Logan was four months into his treatment protocol. They were both sitting with me on the couch in our living room, close to the Christmas tree. Abby jumped in front of the camera, trying hard to be the center of attention. Isaac was a grunty two-year old. We were... whole.

Watching Logan smile and hearing his high-pitched voice gleefully talking about this and that brought me a sense of great elation. And of course, a measure of sadness, too.

But I'm so glad we found those misplaced clips, because all in all, they did my heart a great deal of good. And God knows when I need those little bits of Heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment