Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2

I love how just when Logan starts to feel a little too far away, I get these non-subtle reminders of his "presence" in my life.

Abby needed a sketch pad for school, so I ventured out to Walmart solo this evening. (Well, two Walmarts, because the first one didn't have what I needed, but I digress.) I found myself in the die cast toy aisle of the first store --I think I auto-pilot myself into that section these days, hoping to find him there in one way or another-- and immediately found the red and yellow ones right there are eye-level.

At the second store, I was perusing the cereal aisle, which just so happens to double as the toy aisle (which I didn't realize previously), and I spotted the purple one. Purple wasn't exactly one of his favorites, but he would love the flame job.

Those little reminders are truly everything when the weight of the world --and my emotions-- feels like too much to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment