Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7

We had a lovely time at Adam's parents' house this morning and into the early afternoon. While the kids played cards with granddad and Adam chatted with his mom, I stole away to the garden for a look around. This sight took me back in time; way back:

Zinnias. When I was young --about Abby's age-- we lived with my grandparents out in the country. Up the winding driveway out by the road, they had a huge garden that teemed with colorful zinnias and marigolds. I remember wandering up and down the rows of that garden, searching for the perfect little petaled faces.

And looking at those familiar flowers today took me back. And when time seems to be speeding by at a faster pace than I'd like, those little glances back are a big blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment