Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21

My allergies have really gotten to me over the course of the last 24 hours, so I spent most of the day lying low -- sitting in my chair, watching football. (My 17-year old self is back in 1995, gagging at the very thought.) So I didn't have any aha moments; at least, not until this evening when I passed through the dining room and saw my comfy flats sitting there on the floor.

I routinely go through phases with my footwear. A few years back, all I ever wore were flip flops. It could've been pouring down rain and I'd still slip 'em on and head out. The idea of wearing boots never even came to mind. Last winter, I was all about my black sneakers. But right now, these black flats are my go-tos. They're comfortable and easy to put on and take off.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think we all go through phases where something comes into favor while something else fades out. It's part of the growing process; after all, nothing truly stays the same... except God, that is. God is the one variable that isn't variable at all. And for whatever reason, looking at my flavor-of-the-season shoes reminded me of that overarching, important truth. Go figure, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment