Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4

I love spending time with this guy.

After drop-off this morning, I took him to Starbucks so I could get a vanilla iced coffee (because, well, yum). As we stood waiting to order in front of the case of goodies, he looked up at me, batted those eyelashes, and said can I please have a pumpkin cookie, mommy? Please?. And then he smiled that smile.

Two minutes later, we left with a vanilla iced coffee, a cup of ice water, and... a sugar cookie decorated to look like a pumpkin.

He doesn't get everything he asks for. Far from it, really. But that little face and that little voice make my heart melt. I'm so thankful to have him because he's a wonderful kid. And I'm also thankful because he's just enough like Logan that it feels almost like he has his biggest brother's thumbprint stamped on his heart (as do Abby and Isaac, in their own ways). It's like having a tiny bit of Heaven within arms' reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment